cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME and CUE 7.1

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

Unity Express 7.1 - After a caller leaves a message in Unity Express voice message box, they here "wait while I transfer the call" and it gets transfered to the operator, because I configured the operator ext as zero out option under each mailbox. How do I get Unity Express to say Goodbye after a message is left in a mail box.

CME 7.1 - When callers call the company main number and switchboard answers, then transfer the caller to an employee. The employee sees the switchboard extension, instead of the original calling number. I have a SIP trunk to the Telco. What configuration do I have to perform on CME 7.1 to keep the integrity of the original calling number? And If I need the SIP Telco to make a configuration change on their side for this to happen, what should I be telling them to configure on their SIP device?

Cheers

3 Replies 3

1. The voicemail prompts and greetings are non configurable.

2. Try:

telephony-service

calling-number originator

-nick

1. Well that is a major problem, because the receptionists transfer the call to the employee and the caller leaves a message, gets immediately transfered back to Operator. So Operator is complaining that the calls keep coming back.

If there was a 10 - 15sec delay after a message was left, that would even be acceptable. But the caller gets transfered immediately. This cannot be right, there must be something Cisco can do about that.

Any other ideas?

Hi Paul,

Here is a clip from CUE guru Markus from Cisco Systems;

"if you don't have a voicemail operator extension configured ("no voicemail operator telephone" from config mode in the CLI), then it will just say 'goodbye' and hang up (you can still configure zero-out extensions for individual mailboxes if you like)."

From this thread;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddbb416/0#selected_message

I think the screenshots in this doc should help;

Unity Express Voice Mail Transfer Behavior

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a00808c3896.shtml#p1

Hope this helps!

Rob