cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

translation pattern to same office using same access code

mhardyuop
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problems trying to create a translation-rule that allows me to use *2 to go to an office that actually has two different PRI ranges.

Here is what I have done:

rule 2 /[*]2\(....\)/ /1303381\1/

rule 3 /[*]2\(6...\)/ /1303385\1/

I want the user's to be able to dial *2+4 digit extension to each office. *2 goes to one office with different DID ranges. In rule 2 the DID range is 3XXX in rule 3 the DID range is 6XXX.

Every test matches rule 2 and not rule 3.

How can I accomplish this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you cannot expect rule 3 to be matched, they're created in order of preference and first one to match is used

.... has any number in 6XXX in it and is before, so it's expected you will never hit 3rd rule

reverse the order of statements or if the other range is 3XXX configure 3... on #2

this is like an ACL, configure statements from particular to general

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you cannot expect rule 3 to be matched, they're created in order of preference and first one to match is used

.... has any number in 6XXX in it and is before, so it's expected you will never hit 3rd rule

reverse the order of statements or if the other range is 3XXX configure 3... on #2

this is like an ACL, configure statements from particular to general

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thank you, appreciate the quick help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: