Unity Connection 7.X - Supported DL380G5 RAID controller

Unanswered Question
May 8th, 2009

Hi all -

Last year when we prepared to install CUCM 6.X on HP supplied DL380G5 servers, not MCS servers, the DVD would not load. We finally located in the "fine print" the statement that the RAID controller cards need to be in a specific slot position. We ended up ordering the following part number 405160-B21 HP SMART ARRAY P400/256 DL38X LP FIO CTR, which is a low-profile card and allowed us to continue with the install. I'm getting ready to order 4 new HP DL380G5 servers that match the supported Unity Connection hardware platform 3 configuration (for two active-active clusters digitally networked). The UC supported platform says RAID controller P400 405132-B21. Has anyone experienced problems with UC on a DL380G5 with this controller card? Or have you installed the 405160-B21 model? An update since I initially posted too - the HP online ordering for DL380G5 servers and what is available doesn't match the supported platforms document since it was updated last year. So can I use 3.X GHz processors instead of 2.33? How specific is the hardware check and will dual core or quad core work in this configuration?

Thanks much, Ginger

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Ginger, hello.

I had issues with an HP G5p platform last year and as I know you know from your experience, Cisco will not support anything that is not on their supported platforms list.

My issue was also with the HPs RAID controller not being supported by the O/S installation. While Cisco would not support me, I am 98% confident that if you go to HPs support site and go to Support and Drivers and locate the exact model number of the server you have, see if the Linux operating system used by Unity Connection has driver support for that server. For CallManager 6.0 it was Linux Redhat Enterprise version 3, but you'll need to verify what it is for Unity Connection. If the Linux O/S has support for that platform, I think the image will load. Please don't hold me liable here :) Just trying to give you a pointer.

I wish you luck.

Actions

This Discussion