cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WSA 6.0 Proxy errors.

jwjorgensen
Level 4
Level 4

Has anyone ran into problems with WCCP after upgrading to 6.0? Throughout the day, the WCCP router will lose the web cache and it will come back a few mins. later.

6 Replies 6

jowolfer
Level 1
Level 1

As far as I know, there are no differences in the WCCP code between 5.6.2 and 6.0.

I recommended disabling WCCP on both the router and the WSA and then bringing it back up. Some times if devices go down and come back up, there can be a syncing issue with the hash / mask tables. Do this will fix it.

jmonrad
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone ran into problems with WCCP after upgrading to 6.0?  Throughout the day, the WCCP router will lose the web cache and it will come back a few mins. later.

This is something similar I've experienced. Are you using WCCP with native FTP ?

jwjorgensen
Level 4
Level 4

I have been detached a little from the support ticket, but from what I understand, the proxy is constantly restarting because of a bug in the IronPort Data Security feature. We have ran into other issues with 6.0 and were told by support to wait for another box to be shipped out and run the 5.6.4 rev.

jmonrad
Level 1
Level 1

I have been detached a little from the support ticket, but from what I understand, the proxy is constantly restarting because of a bug in the IronPort Data Security feature.  We have ran into other issues with 6.0 and were told by support to wait for another box to be shipped out and run the 5.6.4 rev.

Hi Jesse,

Okay but if there isn't a support request for the WCCP issue on version 6, please do file one if you have time, because this is the exact same issue I ran into and I would like to gather more information about customers running into this..

jwjorgensen
Level 4
Level 4

The request that is in IS directly related to the WCCP from what I understand. When the Proxy service restarts, the WCCP router loses the cache engine (IronPort) and re-acquires it when service comes back up.

jwjorgensen
Level 4
Level 4

The request that is in IS directly related to the WCCP from what I understand. When the Proxy service restarts, the WCCP router loses the cache engine (IronPort) and re-acquires it when service comes back up.