Views
Helpful
Replies

Regulatory domain mismatch !!!

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

Hi netpros,

I am having an issue when upgrading several access points to LWAPP. The a radio is unable to associate to the controller due to regulatory domain mismatch. I have read that vesion 5.X supports multiple regulatory domains. How can I enable this feature on my controller which is running 5.1.163.0 version ?

Below is the message I am gettting

"AP on the 802.11a radio with Base Radio MAC X.X.X.X.X.X(APXXX) is unable to associate.

The regulatory domain configured on it '-A' does not match the controller's regulatory domain: -N"

Your help is much appreciated !!!

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look under the Wireless Tab and then on the left there should be a link to Country. You choose the country the ap is in.

http://www.builtforbroadband.net/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5.1/configuration/guide/c51lwap.html#wp1147748

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Fella5,

Appreciate your input but the Controller and the access points are installed in Australia, The Country Code on the Controller is already configured for AU. I am suspecting it has to be with the domain hard-coded on the AP when it was originally purchased. The model number of the AP is AIR-AP1242AG-A-K9 .. any idea how I can identify what is the domain configured/hard-coded on it ? There is a broken link on Cisco which could give the answer. Any help is much appreciated.

Cisco broken link

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps5861/c1650/cdccont_0900aecd80537b6a.pdf

That is the link I was looking for

Cheers,

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Fernando,

I think it's because of the FCC Compliance code. The "A" or "N" means that your model, which has the "A", is FCC Compliant. You should've gotten the non-compliant version, the "N".

Contact Cisco and ask them if they are able to replace it with something else. How did you wind up with a US version for Australia is a puzzle by itself.

Hope this helps.

Hi leolaohoo

"How did you wind up with a US version for Australia is a puzzle by itself". You know I have inherited it so I can't comment on this.

If the AP are for US then it should be Ok to configure AU and US on the controller. I will do that .. some channels might not work .. I will have to test that.

Cheers,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card