Views
Helpful
Replies

Regulatory domain mismatch !!!

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

Hi netpros,

I am having an issue when upgrading several access points to LWAPP. The a radio is unable to associate to the controller due to regulatory domain mismatch. I have read that vesion 5.X supports multiple regulatory domains. How can I enable this feature on my controller which is running 5.1.163.0 version ?

Below is the message I am gettting

"AP on the 802.11a radio with Base Radio MAC X.X.X.X.X.X(APXXX) is unable to associate.

The regulatory domain configured on it '-A' does not match the controller's regulatory domain: -N"

Your help is much appreciated !!!

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look under the Wireless Tab and then on the left there should be a link to Country. You choose the country the ap is in.

http://www.builtforbroadband.net/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5.1/configuration/guide/c51lwap.html#wp1147748

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Fella5,

Appreciate your input but the Controller and the access points are installed in Australia, The Country Code on the Controller is already configured for AU. I am suspecting it has to be with the domain hard-coded on the AP when it was originally purchased. The model number of the AP is AIR-AP1242AG-A-K9 .. any idea how I can identify what is the domain configured/hard-coded on it ? There is a broken link on Cisco which could give the answer. Any help is much appreciated.

Cisco broken link

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps5861/c1650/cdccont_0900aecd80537b6a.pdf

That is the link I was looking for

Cheers,

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Fernando,

I think it's because of the FCC Compliance code. The "A" or "N" means that your model, which has the "A", is FCC Compliant. You should've gotten the non-compliant version, the "N".

Contact Cisco and ask them if they are able to replace it with something else. How did you wind up with a US version for Australia is a puzzle by itself.

Hope this helps.

Hi leolaohoo

"How did you wind up with a US version for Australia is a puzzle by itself". You know I have inherited it so I can't comment on this.

If the AP are for US then it should be Ok to configure AU and US on the controller. I will do that .. some channels might not work .. I will have to test that.

Cheers,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card