cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7921 stuck at Locating Network Services

rbill1967
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to set up a new 7921 phone with a Cisco AP (1131). I have a laptop that can see the SSID and connect with no issues. The 7921 just keeps cycling the same message "Locating Network Services".

I took the phone and sat it top of the AP and still nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

SJessulat_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

what encryption and Authentications did you set up on the AP?

Pasting the confiuration or part of it would help a lot.

And what are the settings on the Phone?

Greets,

Sebastian

View solution in original post

From your config, you are doing Open + WEP, so set the phone to that, enter the 26 digit Hex WEP key for key 1 and set the ssid to WR-VOICE. Ensure there is no space at the end.

If you enter site survey mode, you should be able to see the AP as long as the SSID is correctly input.

Then just have to worry about the authentication piece.

Ensure the phone has 1.3(2) loaded.

Should order a -A phone if in the Americas, but if you have a -W phone, then you need to enable world mode (802.11d) on the AP.

You would enter a command like the following:

interface dot11radio 1

world-mode dot11d country US both

See the 7921G Deploiyment Guide for other country codes if necessary.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7921g/6_0/english/deployment/guide/7921dply.pdf

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

SJessulat_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

what encryption and Authentications did you set up on the AP?

Pasting the confiuration or part of it would help a lot.

And what are the settings on the Phone?

Greets,

Sebastian

Here is the Config. Let me know your thoughts. Authentication is Open&WEP, encryption is 128 hex.

From your config, you are doing Open + WEP, so set the phone to that, enter the 26 digit Hex WEP key for key 1 and set the ssid to WR-VOICE. Ensure there is no space at the end.

If you enter site survey mode, you should be able to see the AP as long as the SSID is correctly input.

Then just have to worry about the authentication piece.

Ensure the phone has 1.3(2) loaded.

Should order a -A phone if in the Americas, but if you have a -W phone, then you need to enable world mode (802.11d) on the AP.

You would enter a command like the following:

interface dot11radio 1

world-mode dot11d country US both

See the 7921G Deploiyment Guide for other country codes if necessary.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7921g/6_0/english/deployment/guide/7921dply.pdf

Besides the extra that you gave me and I applied I was missing one simple piece. I forgot to capitalize the spelling of the SSID. Kind of stupid miss, but I finally stumbled upon it.

Working Beautifully.

Yeah ssid is case-sensitive.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: