cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

eigrp question

marcusbrutus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. If a certain router, say R1 receives an advertisement to a destination from R2 and R3 and the cost through both routers, R2 and R3 are equal, which would be the successor for eigrp? Also, does the variance command load balance through neighbors that are not feasible successors. I believe i read from somewhere that variance load sharing applies only to feasible successors.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mark

Assuming that the advertisement is not a feasible successor and actually the best route then R1 would use both paths to send traffic. If they are feasible successor routes they would both be stored in the eigrp topology table.

"I believe i read from somewhere that variance load sharing applies only to feasible successors."

Correct.

Jon

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mark

Assuming that the advertisement is not a feasible successor and actually the best route then R1 would use both paths to send traffic. If they are feasible successor routes they would both be stored in the eigrp topology table.

"I believe i read from somewhere that variance load sharing applies only to feasible successors."

Correct.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco