Unity Connection 7 Mailbox for Annoucements Only

Unanswered Question
May 9th, 2009

I want to set up a voice mail acct that does not allow messages to be recorded. It will be used for announcments only via the greeting. Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
chadlincoln Sun, 05/10/2009 - 11:53

On the CM:

Create a CTI Route point with a number that is CFA to VM.

Create a call handler that has a schedule that has it be open 24/7. Put in the same extension the CTI route point in CM had.

Go to greetings and select the standard greeting.

Change "Callers hear" to "My personal greeting."

Change the "After greeting" to call handler. In the drop down box, select the exact same call handler you are currently working on. Set it "Go directly to greetings." This will create a loop so that the greeting plays over and over again.

Record the new greeting and save it.

Post again if you have any problems.

Please rate if this helped.

matsna Sat, 11/26/2011 - 14:15

This works all well and good, but you get the continual 'is not available' after your greeting in the loop.  Secondly, it isn't very elegant for letting others set messages such as "the office is closed today due to bad weather" as you end up with "I'm sorry is not available...... I'm sorry is not available" and so forth.

Is there a more elegant way to do this?

Jonathan Schulenberg Mon, 11/28/2011 - 13:30

You misinterupted the steps we provided. You are hearing the system default greeting because you recorded your greeting as the recorded name of the call handler. You need to choose Edit > Greetings from the menu and use the Standard greeting. Record a greeting and choose Use my personal greeting instead.

This Discussion