cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Communications 7 call forwarding

d-schuemann
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Cisco Unity Business Edition 7. I am trying to forward a cti port to a outside long distance number. When I forward the number to a local number it goes through fine. My external mask is set to a number that is allowed to make long distance calls. This worked fine until the phone company changed how the long distance was being tracked. Before they had a ani number assigned to the whole pri. This caused problems as there are multiple tenents in this building all being required to pay for their own long distance. If I call from a internal extension to the forwarded number it works fine.

I think is where the problem is because the phone company doesn't have that number in their switch so they aren't allowing the long distance call to go through.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CTI ports are to be used with JTAPI apps for 1st hand control of integrations, not for FW

if you need something like that then use CTI RPs

if you need to send a special ANI then use a translation pattern to modify as necessary

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Can you give me a example of both ?

Just curious why does it work with local calls ?

A couple things to troubleshoot. Can a phone with the same CSS call that number?

Turn some debugs on the gateway and see if it is even hitting the gateway. If it is, from there see if you are receiving a reject message from the telco.

Please rate if this helps.

Well this is interesting. I enabled all these debug flags. debug voip ccapi inout, debug vpm all, an debug vtsp all. I don't see anything going through. Even calls that complete.

Do you have terminal monitor turned on?

you wont see any debugs unless you have it on.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: