cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 Caller-ID issue

hanichaban
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there I recently installed a UC520 in my office for testing and I have a problem that when calling from outside (My mobile for example) the phone shows (From Unknown number) message I checked an article talking about the same problem but it did not work for me, so I'm wondering if there is any caller-Id option need to be modified.

My UC520 is intalled in KSA with STC service provider and the caller-ID service is working (tested by a normal phone) and here is the configuration that I have for the voice-port:

voice-port 0/1/1

cptone SA

connection plar opx 202

description Configured by CCA 4FXO-0/1/1-Custom

caller-id enable

can you help me with that ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi there,

We have seen in the past that some providers in Saudi Arabia don't use Bellcore standard for CLID (which is what "cptone SA" invokes). Go ahead and use another profile, "cptone BR" for Brazil and don't forget to do a "shut", "no shut" of the voice port.

Let us know how that works.

Thanks,

Marcos

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Hi there,

We have seen in the past that some providers in Saudi Arabia don't use Bellcore standard for CLID (which is what "cptone SA" invokes). Go ahead and use another profile, "cptone BR" for Brazil and don't forget to do a "shut", "no shut" of the voice port.

Let us know how that works.

Thanks,

Marcos

hanichaban
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for you response and your time:

I tried what you said but it did not work out I tested that with almost all the profiles and I even tested it after removing this command but I still cannot get the CLID on the phone screen.

any suggestions ?

Try cptone BR again and add this command

caller-id alerting ring 1

Don't forget to bounce the port. If that doesn't wok, we'll take a look at some debugs.

Marcos

Hi ,

It did not work for the command   caller-id alerting ring 1  but I tested it with the commant  caller-id alerting dsp-pre-allocate  and it worked, of course as you said the command cptone BR  is used, so now the configuration of the voice-port 0/1/1 is:

voice-port 0/1/1

trunk-group ALL_FXO

cptone BR

connection plar opx 202

description Configured by CCA 4FXO-0/1/1-Custom

caller-id alerting dsp-pre-allocate

Good to hear.

Thanks a lot,

Marcos

Dear Friend

I have flow your config its work good to see incomming caller number, but i am facing sum problem can you reviez your config?

1.  if sum calling from out site on internal no answer its keep ring unless sum one left handset and close it but PSTN line is free dooring this ringing

2.  if sum one dialing hunt group number for internal calls are droping when we select CP Tone BR

can do this excersize on your system if can i will appreciate to you

Thanks

Taher

Hi Taher,

I apologize, but I am not exactly sure of what you are asking here or asking me to do. Can you describe your problem a little more?

Thanks,

Marcos

Hi Taher,

for me also your problem is not clear, you are talking about totaly different things. please explain your problem more.

First of all I like to say thanks to guyes

As Mr Hanichaban mentioned its working in KSA, I have followed the config, my voice gateway is Cisco 2811, & I am using CUCM 7

Voice-port 0/0/0

cptone BR

Connection plar opx 861

Description Auto Attendant

Caller-id alerting ring 1

Caller-id alerting dsp-pre-allocate

Caller-id enable

its work but I have sum issues see bellow

i have auto attendant menu [861]

1 for sale, [hunt group in these 4 members]

2 support,

3 dial by ext

1. If incoming caller dialing [1] sales it’s reaching to hunt group which is one of them Ext 300 its ring with caller id, once we answer call will be dropping

2. if incoming caller dialing [1] sales its reaching to hunt group which is one of them Ext 300 its ring with caller id, if no answer call will be keep ringing even 1 hr never drop, but out site caller PSTN line are free

I think will be easy to understand this if you are feeling difficult to understand so please drop me your number I will call back to where ever you are

Thanks

Taher

Taher,

I am sorry to inform you that we do not support ISR (1800/2800/3800) questions on this forums. Please try Netpro as an option:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf

Thanks,

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: