cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GDM in Cisco Unity 7

HEATH FREEL
Level 1
Level 1

I am familuar with setting up a GDM in Unity Express but in Unity Connection 7.0 I can't really find any info on it. Is it called GDM? The closest thing I can find is Alternate Extensions!! It that the equivelant?

Thanks,

Heath

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

You will need to create a mailbox for the GDM and give it an extension that your phones will use. Create a shared line on all the phones that will need to access this mailbox.

This way the MWI will light on the phones. There are other ways of accomplishing the same thing, but I find this is the easiest for the end user.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

You will need to create a mailbox for the GDM and give it an extension that your phones will use. Create a shared line on all the phones that will need to access this mailbox.

This way the MWI will light on the phones. There are other ways of accomplishing the same thing, but I find this is the easiest for the end user.

Thanks - and I thought I had it but,

I created a new DN with a forward all but I have integrated all of my users with Active Directory and the CM won't allow me to add users because of the LDAP sync. So how do I assocaite this new DN with a user so that I can get it to a mailbox in Unity...

I tried creating an application user - but I can't assign an extension to that.

I also though of a CTI route point but then I just got more confused.....

Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Heath