Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions about 3560E and 3750E

cbeswick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I can find no real differences between the 48-Port variants of the 3560E and the 3750E. They both have the same forwarding rates and switching fabric capacities.

Can anyone tell me why one my choose one over the other ?

Also do these switches forward traffic on the 1Gbps copper ports at "wire-rate" ?

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

cbeswick
Level 1
Level 1

It seems the only difference is that the 3750E supports the stackwise technology.

So I only need to understand if the ports are capable of switching at wire rate.

jwdoherty
Level 1
Level 1

"Also do these switches forward traffic on the 1Gbps copper ports at "wire-rate" ? "

There's conflicting documentation that PPS supports wire rate on all ports, but I suspect that is does.

PS:

"Can anyone tell me why one my choose one over the other ? "

As the other poster also noted, the 3750E series can be stacked (with special high bandwidth stack cables - Stackwise+), the 3560E series can not.

bretjaquish
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks guys.

I take it that if the switching fabric is greater than the aggregate of all the ports then the switch is able to forward at wire rate ?

Not alone, no. The platform also needs a packet forwarding rate to match the bandwidth.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card