cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardware Requirements ACS 5.0 on VM ESX ??

securantakra
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to install Cisco ACS 5.0 on VM with lower hardware requirements?? In the documetation there are the following minimum hw requirements:

The hardware requirements for the VM must be similar to the CSACS 1120 Series appliance hardware configuration.

Recommended VMware Hardware Configuration

This section lists the minimum hardware requirements to install ACS 5.0 on VMware.

The hardware configuration is:

•ESX 3.5 Server installed

•2 quad CPU

•Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 2.13 Ghz CPU

•4 GB RAM

•500 GB of disk storage Hard Disks

•1 GB NIC interface NIC

Do you know how I can reach this without having the disk spce or RAM??

Thanks for any suggests,

2 Replies 2

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

To install the ACS Server, you require a minimum disk space of 500 GB on the VM. The below URL describes how to set the minimum required disk space on the VM.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.0/installation/guide/ACS_Installation.html#wp1081585

That's the original documentation. But I can't do this because of the physical condition of the available HD in the enviroment of several customers. I don't think that the application needs so many diskspace, so I want to know if there is any possibility to get a workaround for this issue.

These are the requirements for ACS 4.2 on VM, but you can install it with lower conditions.

•VMWare ESX server 3.0.0

•RAM-16.0 GB

•Processor-AMD Opteron Dual core

•HDD-300 GB

•Number of Virtual machines-4

•Guest operating system-Windows 2003 Standard Edition

•RAM for each guest operation system-3 GB

In the installation file of 5.0 there are the values of the disk partitions. I have tried to alter these values with no success.

Let me know if anyone have a solution or workaround. I also escalate this to cisco, but get no answer for the moment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: