cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 Reinstall

seba
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Is there any way to backup the licenses files to completely reinstall OS and LMS?

I'm having a lot of error since I upgraded to LMS 3.1 for Windows (for example: JRM server is down or inaccessible for this user). As I was using an Spanish Windows 2003 Server, I'm thinking about reinstallin an Englis Windows 2003 Server.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It's time to reinstall LMS from scratch.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, installing on a non-US version of Windows will definitely cause problems.

If all you want to do is retain your licenses, then just backup the *.lic files under NMSROOT\etc\licenses. When you reinstall LMS, make sure Daemon Manager is down, then copy the backed up .lic files to NMSROOT\etc\licenses.

However, if you do a full LMS backup, the licenses will be backed up as well. You can then restore that backup, and your licenses will be restored.

Thank you.

I've tried the full backup, but I get this error:

[Mon May 11 20:27:02 2009] ERROR(969): Fatal error: Database engine 'cmfEng' co

uld not be started on database 'cmfDb' in Bulk mode..

[Mon May 11 20:27:02 2009] Backup failed: 2009/05/11 20:27:02

This problem points to either a corrupt database, or a corrupt database transaction log. However, if you really didn't do much with LMS since you installed on an unsupported OS, a full backup might be pointless. If you want to try the full backup, I can provide the steps to try transaction log recovery.

Sure, I would like to try to recover the transaction log.

Shutdown Daemon Manager, then delete NMSROOT\databases\cmf\cmf.log if it exists. Then run:

NMSROOT\objects\db\win32\dbsrv10 -f NMSROOT\databases\cmf\cmf.db

NMSROOT is the path into which LMS is installed.

After running that command, try running the backup with Daemon Manager down:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\backup.pl ...

If that does not work, then you should just take your license backup, and start again on a supported OS.

I've tried, but I get a new error:

cmf.db was created by a differente version of the software. You must rebuild this database in order to use it with SQL Anywhere 10. How can I rebuild the database? Or shall I just reinstall everything?

Thank you again

It's time to reinstall LMS from scratch.

I did it.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: