cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FiOS speed thur Router

dick
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently installed FiOS at 2 clients that had WVRS4400N routers. I only get speeds to 10/4 at speedtest.net but if I connect a notebook directly to the FiOS I get the 20/20 speeds they purchased. Is there a way to get higher WAN speeds thru that router.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

fios ? 4400 routers ? what is the cisco-specific question here ?

Guess you haven't heard about the Cisco Small Businesss brand check out http://www.cisco.com/web/products/linksys/index.html

Why FiOS as WAN input ... it's speeds can rival a DS3. So as I was saying I have a Cisco branded router with input speeds of 20 Mbit/s Up/Down but only get 4 Up/10Down output... is there someone on this forum who can tell me how to improve the output of this router.

Thanks

Sorry, despite the what the box says, you have a linksys and not a cisco router. These are not discussed here.

lreger
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure that the port speed and duplex on your router matches the FIOS Provider connection.

I have a linksys (not 4400) and cannot set duplex. I guest their autodetection is reliable.

But, for a fast circuit, I would use not less than an 871 or even better a 1800.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card