Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing MMS server from outside through ASA

There is one Windows MMS server sitting inside the network.

I have done port based static natting in the ASA for that server with port 554(rtsp) as we dont have more public IPs.

for this natted IP I have allowed IP any any. Still when I am trying to connect to the server everything else is accessible except the video files. I am not able to play the video files. Whereas I able to play from inside.

Thanks

Sachi

3 Replies 3

eddie.mitchell
Level 3
Level 3

Do you have rtsp inspection enabled in your default policy map?

I am referencing this configuration guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a0080910838.shtml

rtsp inspection was there in default list. But even after removing that also it is not working. Only thing I suspect is on the port based natting.

Thanks

Sachi

Try this. Try connecting to the server internally via the Media Servers fully qualified domain name. If this works put in a host entry on a PC outside the firewall with the fully qualified domain name in the c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\host file.

I had this problem after I followed the document on excluding RTSP for the server. After we added DNS for the server on the outside everything worked. I guess that it encaps the server name in the RTSP, not the translated IP address.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: