cabling and conector help for router

Unanswered Question
May 11th, 2009

guys we have a problem service provider has terminated the main router in our main building....all the LAN switches are in building 2 whoich is abt 300 meters away......i have to connect my router to my switch....what sort of fiber we will be needing multimode??? guys i am very new to fiber can someone plz explain what we have to do do we need a MDF??? plz explain it kindly....secondly the switch is 3750 and router is 3825 or 2800 ??? which doesnt have any fiber port do we need converters if yes what is th ename of converter plus any extra commands would be required on that ethernet....thanks guys your reply will really help me solving my problem

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Leo Laohoo Mon, 05/11/2009 - 15:37

Firstly, you need Single-Mode fibre.

Do you need a media converter? Depends on your router. If you don't have an SFP port in your router, you can either get the HWIC-1GE-SFP (plus the SFP module) or you could get a pair of media converters.

Hope this helps.


This Discussion