cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Autonomous 1142?

scott.samra
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to put an IOS (Autonomous) image on an 1142? Are they completely LWAPP?

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

Cisco is about to release the Autonomous IOS (aIOS) for the 1140 soon. However, Cisco SE can provide you with a pre-release version if you so require.

Hope this helps.

Does anyone have any additional info on this? CCO still has only recovery imnages... no full IOS images for the 1142N.

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Currently the 1142 is not available as an autonomous AP. It will be available in a couple months.

Thanks for the update. I want this capability, as I need to do a real ground-pounding traditional site survey for a 1.5 million sq ft hospital campus soon, and I really do not want to cart around a WLC and power source ;)

I've been doing dual-band site surveys using a 1131, and have had clients deploy 1142s instead of 1131s with great success, but I prefer to use the same AP (& antennas) for survey as will be deployed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: