cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC - unable to change status, TFTP download failed on Windows Vista

tommy.soo
Level 1
Level 1

Several Vista users are not able to change the status of the CUPC, they are also not able to select between soft or deskphone. The Phone Configuration (TFTP) shows "download failed" but they can login just fine on other computers (XP & Vista). I have not been able to find a solutions on this. Firewalls are off all the machines.

5 Replies 5

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

As a rule of thumb, if software works on some computers but not the others, it's *most likely* the computer's problem.

On Windows XP, you may use tftp command to test the connectivity. On Vista, it's not installed by default (one of the reason I don't like Vista).

tftp -i get 192.168.1.10 UPCJDOE.CNF.XML

where 192.168.1.10 is the CUCM. UPCJDOE is the device name of UPC.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Michael,

I tried the above and I got a "timeout occured" and "connect request failed", looks like the request is being blocked...

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tommy, I had a similiar problem and it turned out to be the Cisco VPN client.

If you have the Cisco VPN client installed, make sure under options that Statewall Firewall (Always On) is not enabled.

This caused a problem even when VPN was not running.

HTH

Chris

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, I'm using Checkpoint SecureClient VPN instead of the Cisco one, must be one of the policies is blocking the the CUPC traffic.

Tommy

I have seen the same issue with the Checkpoint client, you will need to allow the cupc.exe (or whatever the CUPC client .exe is called).

Unsure how to change it as one of my checkpoint admins did it for me.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: