Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP - Support for FXO Lines

daljeetsingh1_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

We have one customer, where we have deployed IPCC Enterprise, (ICM 7.2 & CVP 4.1), currently we have PRI's terminated on the VG for call center calls, however customer has some FXO ports/lines and they want us to test FXO with the current setup.

I got this information from CVP 4.1 admin & configuration guide that Note:"VXML Server only supports an incoming call with a TDM through a T1port. Using an FXS port is not supported".

Does that mean only T1 lines are supported? not the analog(FXO/FXS)? or just the FXS?

If someone can confirm if CVP will work with FXO's or not, i'll appreciate.

Thanks,

Daljeet

9 Replies 9

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

We use FXS ports for demo systems and training systems, and Cisco used FXS ports at the TOI (Transfer of Information) course on CVP. An analogue phone into an FXS port certainly does work (with correct configuration) with CVP - but I guess Cisco are saying they don't want to support FXS ports in production.

Have not played with FXO.

Regards,

Geoff

In one of my deployments I have a lot of FXO lines (500+) around US going to CVP without any issues.

HTH,

Chris

Gr8 thanks Chris and Geoff,

Chris, Would you mind if you culd pls send me the configuration of one of the working port?

voice-port 0/1/3

trunk-group 1 1

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

no vad

no comfort-noise

timeouts call-disconnect 1

timeouts wait-release 1

timing hookflash-out 50

connection plar

Chris

Much appreciated!! Will test this coming weekend. Thank you!!

Posting a router config for CVP deserves points!

Regards,

Geoff

You are right Geoff, I missed it. My bad.

Thanks,

Daljeet

Hi Chris,

I have another question, hope to get help from you.

Since we have PRI's terminated on 5500's routers which are serving IPCC Enterprise. The VG where we have PRI termniated is a combo of VXML GW and Voice GW. Since 5500 series routers doesnt have any modules where FXO's can be put in. Customer asked us to do it on saperate router.

Now the questions i have.

1) Do i need to make this new router as VMXL Gw as well?

2) Since we have GK where working GW's and CVP's are registered & GK is routing the calls to CVP's, Do i need to make this new router register to GK?

3) Or can i directly point session target under VOIP dial-peer towards CVP IP and will it work that way, i mean to say bypassing the GK?

I hope u understood the situation. Let me know if you need any further clarity.

Thanks,

Daljeet

1) You do not have to, but this will require your CVP reconfiguration depending on your current setup, search this forum and CVP SRND/Admin guide for guidance on splitting ingress and vxml GWs

2) Yes, another alternative if these routers will be at the same site is to configure them as IP-IP GWs and route the calls from the new router to the existing one

3) You can only point the dial-peer to CVP directly if you have SIP deployment, with H323 you need to route the calls via GK

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: