Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM 3.1 - wrong event on voice gateway

rriquier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have some difficulties to tune dfm. Actually, dfm create alert for event BackupActivated on E1 channel or BRI channel of voice gateway managed.

In fact, this is not backup event because channel are used for voice communication.

I tried to unselect backupactivated event in the event set used by notification group but customer already receive mail for this type of alert.

I read on this forum that it is possible to deselect specific event directly on devices but i don't know how to do this.

Do you have any idea ?

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you want to do is modify one of the customized interface groups to match these voice interfaces. You can then adjust polling and threshold parameters for that group. To do this, choose one of the available customizable interface groups under DFM > Configuration > Other Configurations > Group Administration.

Specify a ruleset to match these E1 or BRI interfaces. Then, go to DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Managing Thresholds, and add the necessary threshold groups to your modified customizable group. For example, ONLY add the Generic interface/port performance settings to the group.

When you're done with the threshold customization, go to DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Setting Priorities, and float this customized group up to the top of the interfaces groups.

Finally, go down to Apply Changes, and apply the changes.

Hi jclarke,

Thanks for your answer.

I try to do what you tell. But i always receive critical alert.

Here is the event desciption :

EVENT DESCRIPTION = OperationallyDown::Component=IF-10.181.32.10/362 [BR0/2/1];ComponentClass=Interface;ComponentEventCode=1075;Type=ISDNS;IsFlapping=false;AdminStatus=UP;MaxSpeed=144000;OperStatus=DOWN;InterfaceCode=ISDNPHYSICAL;Mode=NORMAL;DuplexMode=FULLDUPLEX;LastCh

I create to customisable group :

One Customizable access group and one Customizable interface group with this rule :

Interfaces.InterfaceCode equals "ISDNPHYSICAL"

I set threshold on this group with the category "Generic interface/port performance settings" and set top priority for the two groups and then apply.

Is there any mistake in the rule used to select the BRI and E1 interface ?

No, this is expected. Any interface which is not tagged as a dial backup, but is managed must be operationally up if it is admin up. If this interface is used as dial backup, then you will need to adjust your ruleset to exclude these interfaces for this group.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: