Views
Helpful
Replies

SPAN not working after upgrade to NAM 4

orochi_yagami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert,

I managed to upgrade the NAM software from version 3.6(1)to NAM version 4,but now i'm facing another problem is that,the previous working reports e.g.: Top Applications, Top Conversations...now is not longer running even though i enable manually. The status showing "not monitored".I then compare with other NAM module that upgrade to version 4, they all facing the same problem.Simple words, all reports getting data from ALL SPAN is no longer running. How do i resolve this issue?

TIA

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

Reports you have configured in NAM 3.6 will be carried over after you upgrade to NAM 4.0 and all reports will work properly except for those configured for the ALL SPAN data source on NAM-1 and NAM-1-250S devices. This data source is renamed in NAM 4.0 as the DATA PORT data source. After you upgrade to NAM 4.0, you need to recreate any reports set up for the ALL SPAN data source to use the DATA PORT data source instead.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/network_analysis_module_software/4.0/release/notes/nam40note.html