cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Configure UC520-16U-4FXO-K9 as a Voice gateway ?

wahidayat007
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco UC520-16U-4FXO-K9, and I want to use this in my Lab as my Voice Gateway and it does have the ISDN 2 BRI's, Can I configure this as a Voice-Gateway for call testing purpose?

When I try to add this to the Call Manager 6 Gateway option, I don't see the name of UC520 in the list ? Any help or documentation will be appreciated.

Thanks

10 Replies 10

mhurley131
Level 4
Level 4

You have to add it as a h323 gateway and configure the correct dial-peers on the UC520.

Thanks for your reply! I am going to add this in Call Manager, and see how it works!

I will reply to you shortly and will give you points!

Thanks

FYI - the UC520 is not supported with CUCM. This is because CUCM is designed as a large enterprise solution and the UC520 is only meant for single or small multi-site enterprise.

You may be able to get it to work, but it's not a TAC supported configuration.

-nick

Nick, as the OP says, it's for a lab :)

Yes - but labs very quickly turn into TAC cases, plus the anyone else that reads this. The information certainly isn't hurting anyone, hence FYI.

-nick

well, apart from the above discussion, I am trying to connect UC-520 with another 3550 switch with a trunk port, but it is not communicating and not sending any vlan's information across the trunk link ?

Any idea ?

Thanks

The router will not send any vlan information. Just make sure the VLAN ID you configured on both side matches.

Yes Vlan ID matches, but apart from CDP , I can't ping any SVI from both sides ? Is there any security implemented on UC-520 ?

Thanks

Not unless explicitly configured.

Uou likely have some configuration mismatch.

I reconfigured, but no joy!

Thanks