cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Configure UC520-16U-4FXO-K9 as a Voice gateway ?

wahidayat007
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco UC520-16U-4FXO-K9, and I want to use this in my Lab as my Voice Gateway and it does have the ISDN 2 BRI's, Can I configure this as a Voice-Gateway for call testing purpose?

When I try to add this to the Call Manager 6 Gateway option, I don't see the name of UC520 in the list ? Any help or documentation will be appreciated.

Thanks

10 Replies 10

mhurley131
Level 4
Level 4

You have to add it as a h323 gateway and configure the correct dial-peers on the UC520.

Thanks for your reply! I am going to add this in Call Manager, and see how it works!

I will reply to you shortly and will give you points!

Thanks

FYI - the UC520 is not supported with CUCM. This is because CUCM is designed as a large enterprise solution and the UC520 is only meant for single or small multi-site enterprise.

You may be able to get it to work, but it's not a TAC supported configuration.

-nick

Nick, as the OP says, it's for a lab :)

Yes - but labs very quickly turn into TAC cases, plus the anyone else that reads this. The information certainly isn't hurting anyone, hence FYI.

-nick

well, apart from the above discussion, I am trying to connect UC-520 with another 3550 switch with a trunk port, but it is not communicating and not sending any vlan's information across the trunk link ?

Any idea ?

Thanks

The router will not send any vlan information. Just make sure the VLAN ID you configured on both side matches.

Yes Vlan ID matches, but apart from CDP , I can't ping any SVI from both sides ? Is there any security implemented on UC-520 ?

Thanks

Not unless explicitly configured.

Uou likely have some configuration mismatch.

I reconfigured, but no joy!

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: