cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

changing the IP of LMS

jain.nitin
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, If I want to change the IP of LMS how can i do this ? is there any tricks in that..or its straight forward..your input would be highly appreciated..

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's pretty straightforward. The Common Services User Guide (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_common_services_software/3.2/user/guide/cs32ug.html) covers the procedure.

It also states:

"Q. Do I need to change the CiscoWorks configuration after changing the IP address?

A. You need not change the CiscoWorks configuration whenever you change the IP address. CiscoWorks uses hostname for most of the communication. Only devices need to point to the new IP address. However, after changing the IP address, you must reboot the system on a Solaris server and restart the Daemon Manager on a Windows server. This is to make the changes effective."

That document also covers changing the host name - a little more involved since some of the CiscoWorks applications are tied to the host name explicitly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: