Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group - Forward to Voicemail issues

gordonmarkus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer with a CUCM6.1.3 system and Unity Connection 2.1.2 voicemail. I'm trying to get something setup which should be really straightforward but for some reason it's just not happening so I thought I'd see if anyone on here can help.

The customer already has one hunt pilot/list/group configured where this works, and I am simply trying to replicate this but so far unsuccessfully.

So - the scenario that works:

Hunt Pilot 7029 distributes to List/Group as expected and has forward on no answer to voicemail (ext7500). The pilot has the calling party transform mask of 4116 which is the alias of mailbox/user 7229. The users in the hunt list/group have 7229 configured as the 2nd button on their handsets so that they get MWI when a message has been left. This all works perfectly.

I've now setup Hunt Pilot 7041, which again distributes to a hunt list/group, and has call forward no answer to voicemail (7500). Hunt Pilot 7041 has the calling party transform mask of 4113, 4113 is the alias of user/mailbox 7241. Again 7241 is the 2nd line on a users handset so that when a message is left they receive MWI.

What happens is when I put a call into 7041 that is not answered, the call goes to voicemail but not to the mailbox for 4113/7241 - I just get the generic announcement of 'trying to connect to an operator'. If I change the extension of the mailbox to match the extension of the hunt pilot the call does go through to the mailbox, but then the users will not get the MWI.

I've been working on this for a couple of days now, and cannot think what I have done differently to the first setup!

Any help/advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

-Gordon.

3 Replies 3

chadlincoln
Level 3
Level 3

In CUC, create another call handler that with the extension 7041. Go to the standard greeting, set callers hear to nothing, ignore caller input, and set the after greeting action to go to the greeting of the call handler for 7029.

Please rate if this helps.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. Would this be a system handler or a directory handler that I need to setup?

Looking in both those options I can't see anything that would relate to the already working pilot of 7029.

Thanks again,

-Gordon.

Hi,

I've got this sorted now thankfully! I found the 'alternate extension' parameter in the mailbox user for 7241, and once I added 7041 in there it all works sweet!

Thanks for you interest in this thread.

-Gordon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: