cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Temperature 3750 and 2950

carlos.armas
Level 1
Level 1

I have some models of 3750 cisco Series WS-C3750-24TS,cisco WS-C3750G-24T and cisco WS-C3750G-24TS-1U. In the last model when i put the command show env all i see this:

sw-crr-core#sho env all

FAN is OK

TEMPERATURE is OK

Temperature Value: 33 Degree Celsius

Temperature State: GREEN

Yellow Threshold : 55 Degree Celsius

Red Threshold : 65 Degree Celsius

POWER is OK

RPS is NOT PRESENT

In the other model i only get this:

sw-cmn-core#sho env all

FAN is OK

TEMPERATURE is OK

POWER is OK

RPS is NOT PRESENT

Someone can explain to me this?

I can monitorized Temperature using Nagios/MRTG the WS-C3750G-24TS-1U only. The others model i cant do that

What can i do in this case?

Ty and Best Regards

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not all devices have the necessary sensor hardware to report real temperature values. In such cases, all you can do is check to see if the temperature is in a valid range. This can still be managed from SNMP, though. You need to poll the chassisTempAlarm value from the CISCO-STACK-MIB. A value of 1 is good (it means there is no alarm). A value of 2 means the temperature is out of range, and a value of 3 means the temperature is critical.

Thank you clarke. Let me try monitorized that swithc using Nagios and the OID that you tell me. Something that i ask you is the Value of 2 of this OID is like a Warning value? and if you know in ºC what means 1,2 or 3 for example 1 <35ºC, 2 means since 36ºC until 50ºC and 3 means >50ºC

Thanks in advanced

CA

For you particular models, it looks as though only the chassis alarm on value is supported (i.e. you will not see a critical). This is determined indirectly by looking at the fan sensor, and occurs around 70 C.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco