cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE 7.x Cascading Voicemail Notifications

billkemmer
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on some afterhours autoattendant scripting, which was supposed to be simple and straightforward, but which has turned more complicated. The biggest issue right now is trying to figure out the ins and outs of voicemail notification to pagers, cell phones, etc. So here is my question:

In CUE 7.0, can I create cascading message notifications to OUTSIDE numbers. Essentially, what needs to get set up is that, when a message is left a notification goes to a pager. If the message isn't checked within 15 minutes, then a page is sent out to another pager, if another 15 minutes goes by then a cell phone (supervisor) is alerted.

When I try to set this up by putting in "After 15 minutes notify" and then add an outside number, the system responds with "that number is not the number of a subscriber mailbox" (or some similar message).

I have done similar setups in full Unity, but need to know if this is possible in Express and if so, how to do it.

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bill,

I am by no means a CUE expert, but I would have a look at these settings and the Restriction Tables;

voicemail non-subscriber restriction

To associate a restriction table with the non-subscriber message delivery feature, use the voicemail non-subscriber restriction command in Cisco Unity Express configuration mode.

and

voicemail notification cascading enable

To enable the notification cascading feature at the system level, use the voicemail notification cascading enable command in Cisco Unity Express configuration mode.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_2/Command/v_cmds.html#wp1021856

Hope this helps!

Rob