cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading the compact flash

STaylor01
Level 1
Level 1

I want to upgrade the flash to 2gig. I formated the new flash FAT, then I copied the flash to a file on my hard drive then onto the new flash. I installed the flash & the UC520 booted up. I am able to see the config, the new backgroud we made comes up on the IP phones. But the ip phones cycle between registering to configure Ip. They never come up. I looked at the files that were on the old flash & compaired them to the new flash. Everything appears to be the same. Has anyone ran into this issue before?

Thanks in adbance

Steve

6 Replies 6

Eivind Jonassen
Level 4
Level 4

Have you enabled the debugs in CLI?? Try "debug tftp events", and show me the output when you reset the phone...

Regards

Eivind

Also, please notice that non-Cisco parts are not supported by our TAC.

Thanks,

Marcos

So what are the Cisco SKUs for 256/512/1024/2048mb CF cards supported in the UC5** series?

Do they come pre-formatted?

bseklecki wrote:

So what are the Cisco SKUs for 256/512/1024/2048mb CF cards supported in the UC5** series?

Do they come pre-formatted?

Don't bother. Any good brand works fine.

Ahh;  I was just about to close my eyes when I rememberd:  The Cisco UC520 is just a bastardized 2800 router.

So in theory, the MEM2800-512CF or  MEM2800-256CF would be a good place to start to avoid awkwardness with TAC and lost sleep.

Night ~BAS

Again: don't bother. There is no way to tell which brand CF is installed without looking at it physically.

If you have a support contract, Cisco TAC will send a CF replacement on demand.

If you don't, TAC will not support you at all.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: