cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading the compact flash

STaylor01
Level 1
Level 1

I want to upgrade the flash to 2gig. I formated the new flash FAT, then I copied the flash to a file on my hard drive then onto the new flash. I installed the flash & the UC520 booted up. I am able to see the config, the new backgroud we made comes up on the IP phones. But the ip phones cycle between registering to configure Ip. They never come up. I looked at the files that were on the old flash & compaired them to the new flash. Everything appears to be the same. Has anyone ran into this issue before?

Thanks in adbance

Steve

6 Replies 6

Eivind Jonassen
Level 4
Level 4

Have you enabled the debugs in CLI?? Try "debug tftp events", and show me the output when you reset the phone...

Regards

Eivind

Also, please notice that non-Cisco parts are not supported by our TAC.

Thanks,

Marcos

So what are the Cisco SKUs for 256/512/1024/2048mb CF cards supported in the UC5** series?

Do they come pre-formatted?

bseklecki wrote:

So what are the Cisco SKUs for 256/512/1024/2048mb CF cards supported in the UC5** series?

Do they come pre-formatted?

Don't bother. Any good brand works fine.

Ahh;  I was just about to close my eyes when I rememberd:  The Cisco UC520 is just a bastardized 2800 router.

So in theory, the MEM2800-512CF or  MEM2800-256CF would be a good place to start to avoid awkwardness with TAC and lost sleep.

Night ~BAS

Again: don't bother. There is no way to tell which brand CF is installed without looking at it physically.

If you have a support contract, Cisco TAC will send a CF replacement on demand.

If you don't, TAC will not support you at all.