Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting VoIP and PSTN using E1

fpessoanunes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to connect a voip network with a telephonic switch system using an E1 connection. I was trying to do this using a MC3810, but I noticed that it doesn't support r2-digital signaling and I couldn't make it work using digital E&M too. So, I'm thinking about to buy other router to do this and I need to know if I'm choosing the right router. Does the 2620xm /2621xm support r2-digital in E1? What would I need to connect this, just the router, a Vwic-2mft-e1 and a PVDM2-64? Do I need a NM-HDV2? Would the 2800 series be a better choice in this case?

Thanks for any help,

Fabio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes. To use two ports on a vwic-2mft-e1 you need pvdm2-64, to use one you only need pvdm2-32.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use a 1861 with a Vwic-1mft-e1 and PVDM2-32 (for 1 E1), and bigger.

I do not recommend you use older routers. However, a 2620xmwith NM-HDV would work.

Can I use a 2801 with a Vwic-2mft-e1 and PVDM2-64? Does 2801 support r2-digital?

Yes. To use two ports on a vwic-2mft-e1 you need pvdm2-64, to use one you only need pvdm2-32.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: