cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help using NetConfig to Change Enable Password

BlueyVIII
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to change the enable password on all my switches using a netconfig job and the Enable Password template.

When I created the job the screen was more complicated than I was expecting and has no "help" screen.

I've attached a screen shot of the template screen I'm presented with and would appreciate it if someone could explain all the options and fields. In particular, when I type the new password do I type it in clear txt or encrpyted form?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You should NOT check that box if you are changing the Enable Secret password. An enable secret change will automatically update DCR with the new enable password value.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Actually, there is a help screen, but it's not as intuitive as it could be. See http://SERVER/help/rme/fundamentals/netcfg_EnblPwdTask.html .

If you still have questions, post a follow-up on this thread.

Thanks, that help page was really helpful.

Just one question. When job runs will the new enable secret password be ammended on the DCR for each device or do I need to tick the "Update RME Credentials" options?

You should NOT check that box if you are changing the Enable Secret password. An enable secret change will automatically update DCR with the new enable password value.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: