cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound dialing?

sturcott9891
Level 1
Level 1

I setup a wallboard on our system that shows the agent state, whether they're talking, not ready, etc.. The problem is that when someone dials out it will always show them as "Not Ready" and not "Talking". When they receive an inbound call it shows correctly just not outbound. I tried several different ways to dial out, I tried using an outbound script and then tried dialing out like you would a typical office and each time it shows the state as "Not Ready".

Anybody have any ideas of how to fix this?

In CRS it appears to be recording the number of outbound calls being made accurately.

6 Replies 6

sturcott9891
Level 1
Level 1

Nobody?

Alright, well can somebody answer a quick question then. When you pick up the phone to make a call in Cisco Supervisor does it show you as Not Ready or Talking?

This is functioning as it is intended so there is nothing to fix. It will show as Not Ready within CSD. The supervisor can expand the agent within CSD and see the outbound call if they wish.

The historical reporting will report on the agent's outbound calls as long as they made the call on the ACD line. "Talking" refers to an inbound ACD call.

But don't you see the benefit in having it say "Talking" when a caller is actually talking? Maybe I'm crazy here but it makes a wallboard useless for any business that makes outgoing calls as well as takes incoming calls. We have a major problem with users not being a Ready state constantly so it's important to be able to discern between whether they're actually talking or in Not Ready. And plus as far as reporting goes it will get the total number of outbound calls but if you're doing an Agent State Summary it may show that an agent is in Not Ready 80% of the time when in actuality they're just making a lot of calls.

I just don't get why it's by design.

I would encourage you to work with your CAM and submit a feature request if you want to change the behavior of the application.

Until that happens, you can use the reason codes to provide clarity to why the agent was Not Ready. For example the AGT_OFFHOOK (32762) is logged as the reason when an agent goes off hook to place an outbound call. The system reason codes are explained starting on page 192 of the Historical Reporting User Guide: http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/user/guide/uccx701HR_English.pdf

I ran into a similar issue when modifying the cisco wallboard and querying the database directly.  I can't seem to find a way to show the correct agent state when making outbound calls from a not ready status.  The agentStateDetail table contains their current state (eventType) and reasonCode but it doesn't appear to update to something like 32762 when they are on a call nor does a new record show up in that table when they make that outbound call.  Is there any other field that can be referenced in the database or perhaps an update that correctly reflects this change.  We're using UCCX Express version 7.0.1 SR04 ES02 Build 023 in a high availability cluster (HA).  Thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: