Views
Helpful
Replies

MoH file on SPA9000

Eivind Jonassen
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm wondering how to get the MoH file from the SPA9000. I'm guessing there's a command in the Web UI I can use???

Regards

Eivind

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eivind,

The MoH file cannot be retrieved from the SPA9000. The file can be restored by factory-defaulting the SPA9000.

What are you wanting to accomplish?

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eivind,

The MoH file cannot be retrieved from the SPA9000. The file can be restored by factory-defaulting the SPA9000.

What are you wanting to accomplish?

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Patrick,

I don't know if you received my zip'ed file with the external and internal MoH file. My thought was to extract the external MoH file and put it on the UC520 since the default MoH file there is annoying ;)

Regards

Eivind

Hi Eivind,

I've just searched my email and cannot locate the email that you refer to.

What procedure did you use to extract the MoH file? I'm curious, as are others, I'd bet. :-)

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Patrick,

Sent you the zip file once again.

FYI

I didn't extract the MoH file from the SPA, I recorded the MoH from the phone...

Regards

Eivind

Hi Eivind,

Thanks for the MoH recordings. Is the MoH ext.aiff file the audio that you do not know the source of?

The ext file is not from Cisco/Linksys. I cannot explain where it comes from or why external callers hear this.

Please factory reset the SPA9000 and configure only ITSP information. If you still hear this audio for external callers, let's take a very careful look at a Wireshark trace when an external call is placed on hold in order to trace the origin of the audio.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Hi Patrick,

I stumbled upon the MoH file again today, when I called the support team at the ITSP I was put on hold, and the same MoH file as MoH ext.aiff was played...

So I guess that whenever the SPA9000 puts external calls on hold the ITSP pickup this singal and give the external caller a recording from their own MoH system or something... don´t know if this is the case, but at least it´s the same MoH recording.

Regards

Eivind

Hi Eivind,

Can you capture a network trace with Wireshark please? The trace should allow us to determine the source of the MoH stream.

Send to me at paborn at Cisco.com.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Patrick,

The MoH file has been found, it's from my ITSP. I called them last week and I got the same MoH as I got from the external MoH file on the SPA9000.

Strange... I guess they are sensing that the call is put on hold and they play the MoH before the SPA9000 does or something like that... sorry for my bad english/way of explaining.

Thanks,

Eivind

Hi Eivind,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad that you located the source of the MoH.

Your English is fine. I appreciate you being willing to communicate to me in English.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Is there a way to get MOH files to always play at he beginning on call manager 5-7.x? Multicast is disabled.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: