cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tracing 911 call

pcaltagirone22
Level 1
Level 1

Can somebody advise me on the best way to trace 911 calls coming from inside our facility - we are running CUCM 6.1(2) so no SQL DB to look at. This has happened multiple times but we cannot seem to find what extension is dialing it.

Thanks in advance!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CAR is a good option, you still can run qrys to informix DB via the CLI

ie

run sql select * from car:tbl_billing_data where originalcalledpartynumber='911'

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CAR is a good option, you still can run qrys to informix DB via the CLI

ie

run sql select * from car:tbl_billing_data where originalcalledpartynumber='911'

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks very much! Great info.

Is there a clean way to export that data into some type of spreadsheet?

Hi javalenc; is there a good Cisco doc explaining CLI queries for CDR lookups on 6.1?

lupemacias
Level 1
Level 1

I've also recently moved to 6.1(2). I was running 4.1(3) and had it sending my CDRs to a SQL server making it easy for me to search for calls. The upgrade broke my setup and I was faced with either purchasing ER or IPcelerate for 911 call notification.

After playing with CCM for a while, I was able to configure it to ftp the CDR records to another server. I then wrote a simple app that would get the uploaded CDR files and upload them to my SQL server. While the program is processing the CDR files, it keeps a lookout for 911 calls. If the app finds a call that is no older than 5 minutes it sends an email to a list of predefined uses.