cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE notification to cell phone

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

My CUE notification to cell phone is working in the sense that a few seconds after a VM is received the system dutifully calls my cell phone and lets me know. However, I would think that during the notification message I could hit some key to login and listen to this new message, no? Is there such a key? * and # don't seem to work. It seems silly that I have to hang up and call back to listen to the message. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Diego,

You are most correct my friend!

voicemail notification allow-login

To allow subscribers to log into their voice mail during outgoing notification calls, use the voicemail notification allow-login command in the Cisco Unity Express configuration mode. To prevent subscribers from accessing their voice mail during notification calls, use the no or default form of this command.

no voicemail notification allow-login

default voicemail notification allow-login

Syntax Description

This command has no arguments or keywords.

Defaults

Voice-mail login is disabled.

Usage Guidelines

Use the voicemail notification allow-login command after the message notification feature is enabled system wide.

This capability is available only for phone devices.

If the capability is enabled, the system provides the subscriber with an option to log into voice mail to retrieve the message.

If the capability is disabled, the system plays a notification prompt three times before disconnecting the notification call.

Examples

The following example enables voice-mail login during notification calls.

se-10-0-0-0# config t

se-10-0-0-0(config)# voicemail notification enable

se-10-0-0-0(config)# voicemail notification allow-login

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_2/Command/v_cmds.html#wp1016582

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Diego,

You are most correct my friend!

To allow subscribers to log into their voice mail during outgoing notification calls, use the voicemail notification allow-login command in the Cisco Unity Express configuration mode. To prevent subscribers from accessing their voice mail during notification calls, use the no or default form of this command.

no voicemail notification allow-login

default voicemail notification allow-login

Syntax Description

This command has no arguments or keywords.

Defaults

Voice-mail login is disabled.

Usage Guidelines

Use the voicemail notification allow-login command after the message notification feature is enabled system wide.

This capability is available only for phone devices.

If the capability is enabled, the system provides the subscriber with an option to log into voice mail to retrieve the message.

If the capability is disabled, the system plays a notification prompt three times before disconnecting the notification call.

Examples

The following example enables voice-mail login during notification calls.

se-10-0-0-0# config t

se-10-0-0-0(config)# voicemail notification enable

se-10-0-0-0(config)# voicemail notification allow-login

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_2/Command/v_cmds.html#wp1016582

Hope this helps!

Rob

Dang! That was right there in the GUI and I missed it. Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees!

Thank you Rob, you are a scholar and a gentleman.

Diego

Hey Diego,

You are most welcome buddy! I loved your "forest for the trees analogy" as this happens to me daily :)

Cheers!

Rob