cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound AA dial tone

jorgediaz77
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client install going horribly wrong!! We have the auto attendant set up with all the right settings, you can dial the extension internally without a problem and the night AA comes on. However, when you call the main line from outside it goes right into a dialtone, weird thing is you can dial an extension and get transferred to any internal extension in the office.

This is a pretty big problem at this point, any assistance would be really appreciated!

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jorge,

What type of PSTN connection are you using? PRI/FXO?

Make sure that you have your inbound dialplan setup to go to AA when calling that number.

Thanks,

Marcos

View solution in original post

OK, I thought you were using CCA.

Go ahead and locate all the POTS dial peers that have the following command:

"incoming called-number XXXX"

where XXXX is the pilot number for your AA. Add this to the dial peer config:

"direct-inward dial"

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Marcos

This is not possible with a blast group. If you were using any of the other group types, and all participants were logged out, you would go directly to the final destination of the group. I advise you look into BACD as an option for your deployment.

Thanks,

Marcos

6 Replies 6

Jorge,

What type of PSTN connection are you using? PRI/FXO?

Make sure that you have your inbound dialplan setup to go to AA when calling that number.

Thanks,

Marcos

It is a PRI. I am a little shakey on the dial plan configs through the CLI. Do you have any reference material or a sample config I can use as a point of reference. I can post my config if it helps.

Thanks again for your help Marcos!

OK, I thought you were using CCA.

Go ahead and locate all the POTS dial peers that have the following command:

"incoming called-number XXXX"

where XXXX is the pilot number for your AA. Add this to the dial peer config:

"direct-inward dial"

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Marcos

Sorry, I actually am, but I know sometimes the CLI is easier to navigate and more powerful.

Right now, by using the CCA I have configured an inbound DID for our main extension to go to a blast group designated as extension 100, if that doesn't answer it goes into the AA.

Next question is can we have the after hours (which is designated on our schedule) override the DID mapping so it automatically goes into the AA (ext 600) rather than ringing extension 100 first? I don't think this is a huge problem but I am trying to clarify for my own sanity.

This is not possible with a blast group. If you were using any of the other group types, and all participants were logged out, you would go directly to the final destination of the group. I advise you look into BACD as an option for your deployment.

Thanks,

Marcos

It turns out my client decided to have the AA pick up every time so I changed the DID to point to my AA extension and it works great. Thanks again!