cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reporting cannot be enable after upgrading to NAM 4

orochi_yagami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,i've succefully upgraded to the latest NAM 4, but i realize all the previous working reporting service for e.g.: Top Applications, Top Conversation...etc(under ALL SPAN)were unable to monitored anymore. All my 4units of NAM module encounter the same issue,as long it's under "ALL SPAN" then it won't monitored anymore.(Can refer to the attached)

Need help from the expert.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to Setup > Monitor > Core Monitoring, and make sure all of the requisite boxes are checked for ALL SPAN. Apply any changes, wait a few minutes, then check your reports.

Hi Joe,

I believed i've did that for the last troubleshooting.I did recall that, i didn't see the option "ALL SPAN"under the data source option after the upgrade,whereas under the basic reporting, those Top Application, Top Conversation were pointed to "ALL SPAN".

What do you see under Setup > Monitor > Core Monitoring? I certainly see ALL SPAN.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for giving me a hints,got the idea out after seeing your post and did a research on Cisco again immediately, the link below showing the changes from NAM 3.6 to NAM 4.0.Suspect this might be the potential cause of it. Under the report section:

Reports you have configured in NAM 3.6 will be carried over after you upgrade to NAM 4.0 and all reports will work properly except for those configured for the ALL SPAN data source on NAM-1 and NAM-1-250S devices. This data source is renamed in NAM 4.0 as the DATA PORT data source. After you upgrade to NAM 4.0, you need to recreate any reports set up for the ALL SPAN data source to use the DATA PORT data source instead.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/network_analysis_module_software/4.0/release/notes/nam40note.html

Ah, right! You have a NAM 1. I have a NAM 2. Sorry, I forgot about that. I'm glad you got it working.

Hi Joe,

Yup, so i do assume you have a different NAM module as mine.Suspect this might be the cause,so still got to work it out to resolve it for my client.Hopefully what stated in release notes is "workable".

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: