Views
Helpful
Replies

V-Lans

ray_stone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I need your assist to sort it out V-Lans issue which we have just placed on Cisco ASA 5505 FW and doing testing but not able to find out the root cause:

Current Scenario:

1) V-lan 100 NOC 192.168.12.0/24

2) V-Lan 200 DEV 192.168.14.0/24

Prior to setup V-Lans we setup only one NOC V-lan and all client machine are located on the same V-Lan. Now I have created a new V-Lan (DEV) and opened all necessary ports to start communication between both V-Lans and everything is working fine except the following issue:

Issue: Microsoft Active Directory Server is located on NOC V-lan and assigned IP is 192.168.12.20 and when I connect my laptop on NOC V-Lan and setup a static IP which is 192.168.12.100 then I can rejoin the domain without facing any issue but other than when I connect with DEV V-lan and setup a static IP 192.168.14.100 then laptop doesn't join the domain. Now I have opened IP protocol between both V-lans and nothing is blocked and DNS is also being resolved and when I try to resolve the DNS then the logs are being created on FW. While i press enter to join the domain from client machine and the logs must be created instantly which are not being created. Could it be a inspection issue?

Request you to provide your inputs to get it resolved ASAP.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

ray_stone
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone respond???

We need urgent support.

pstebner10
Level 1
Level 1

What do you have your MTUs set up to be? Also, I assume that you are trunking these VLANs? What is at the other end of the trunk? A partial config would help, too.

I never had to do anything special with inspection to get this to work, btw.

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card