Views
Helpful
Replies

testing DSP

edsge teenstra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have created a lab , with this lab i try to load test my DSP's on a as5300, My Q: can i only load test the DSP's by creating a analog network with analog phones ?

Or .......can i also use a program that generates voip H323 calls and let the DSP's convert this digital data to analog signal and send it over a E1 link ?

I have set up a Ubuntu server with Callgen323 this server is connected with a ethernet link to a as5300 with a carrier card containing 30 dsp , this as5300 is connected with a cat6 cross cable that i made suitable for e1/T1 rj45 to a NM-HDV to a VWIC-1MFT-E1 installed in a 3640A , this 3640A with NM-1E2W is attached with a Ethernet cable to the other Ubuntu server that also has the Callgen323 program installed, i managed to generate the VOIP traffic and the traffic is send from the CALLER setup to true the AS5300 true the NM-HDV to the CALLEE setup, but i do not see any DSP's beeing used .......i see in the "show interfaces" that the encapsulation is just layer 2 HDLC and the serial link from E1 to E1 is not really analog traffic like as over a public switched telephone network ......... what would be the the most simple step to LOAD test the DSP's ? Is it possible to create a analog like connection that uses DSP's on the E1 link ?

Many thanks for the help in advance , please send me all ideas you have , there are no stupit suggestions !

kind regards

Edsge

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Edgse,

DSP will be used for TDM-Voip conversation

once the call is established DSPs must be used, (without DSPs call cannot simply established tdm-voip)

show interfaces wont show you this information.

Im not an AS expert

but we should have a show voice dsp command like.

View solution in original post

I haven't worked with AS5000 series but regarding DSP, following exist

DSP will be used in case of TDM to VoIP call

Also, when there is a different CODEC type used for a call and it differ based upon CODEC Complexity.

Example One Call Leg is using G711 and other call leg is G729 then to make this call through there is a need for transcoding and then the DSP resource will take care of this..

I am not sure what command exist but you can give it a try which is true for ISR

show voice call stat

sh dspfarm all

sh diag --- Will show specific related with DSP specific hardware.

Good Luck

Regards

M

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Edgse,

DSP will be used for TDM-Voip conversation

once the call is established DSPs must be used, (without DSPs call cannot simply established tdm-voip)

show interfaces wont show you this information.

Im not an AS expert

but we should have a show voice dsp command like.

I never accomplisched my LAB to much other work going on , but i really apreate your reply , thanks for that.

Edgse

I haven't worked with AS5000 series but regarding DSP, following exist

DSP will be used in case of TDM to VoIP call

Also, when there is a different CODEC type used for a call and it differ based upon CODEC Complexity.

Example One Call Leg is using G711 and other call leg is G729 then to make this call through there is a need for transcoding and then the DSP resource will take care of this..

I am not sure what command exist but you can give it a try which is true for ISR

show voice call stat

sh dspfarm all

sh diag --- Will show specific related with DSP specific hardware.

Good Luck

Regards

M

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: