Views
Helpful
Replies

Css 11500 Error

b.petronio
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

I´ve search for this error but not found it anywhere.

This is ssh related.

Could u help me please ?

<em>

SSHD-0: Read from socket failed: errno = 0x36</em>

Best Regards,

Bruno Petronio

2 Replies 2

sachinga.hcl
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Bruno,

If your software supports an encrypted access protocol such as SSH, Cisco recommends that you enable only that protocol and disable Telnet access when you want to use the SSH server. In order to enable the SSH Daemon (SSHD), you need an SSHD server license, which enables SSHD functionality on both the Standard and Enhanced versions of CSS software. Issue the sshd commands.

SSH version 1 support started in 4.01. SSH version 2 support started in 5.20.

Can you send me the output of

# sh ver

# show sshd version

# show sshd config

All your questions are answered in the following documents :

"Configuring CSS Remote Access Methods"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/css11500series/v7.20/configuration/administration/guide/Access.html#wp1105322

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/css11500series/v7.30/command/reference/CmdGlobC.html#wp1108716

If you see any problems I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Best Regards,

Sachin Garg

litrenta
Level 3
Level 3

SSHD-0: Read from socket failed: errno = 0x36

This message is from SSH it means the CSS had a SSH connection established and was

expecting data on the connection. When the CSS went to read data from the underlying

socket the read returned an error and the message is logged and the SSH connection closed

down by the CSS. This is usually caused by an abnormal ssh session close where the client does not send a fin or rst when he closes down.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: