Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring a shared line

HEATH FREEL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I thought this would be easy but I can't seem to created a shared line for a phone. I am using CECMBE 7.0 and keep getting this message when I try and create a second "shared" line.

Update failed. Shared Line feature is not supported

How do I enable this feature...

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Heath,

Great work my friend! This line

"When configuring one of the Shared Lines, check the Call Forward All to VM checkbox (to give 5555 the forward to UC treatment). "

is where the Forwarding to UC will take place. So, let's say that one of the "Shared Line" phones has Mac AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD when configuring 5555 on this phone (Mac  AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD) check the Forward All checkbox to Voicemail under the Directory Number Configuration.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Could you run a route plan report on the number you tried to use? See if that happens to be a route point (JTAPI trigger)?

Thanks!

Michael

Yes it is a route point - is that not allowed? I am trying to assign a shared line for a number of phones to get access to a GDM in Unity Connection.

I have tried this a number of ways but am now stuck because I can't add that DN to thier phones.

Configuring shared-line on a route point is not allowed. This is by designed.

If you want people to get access (dial) that number from their phones, you should configure speed dial button instead of a shared line.

Michael

Yes I was able to do that - but the speed dial takes them to the mail box where they have to enter an ID and then a PIN. I was hoping to get them directly to the mailbox admin. It was suggested to me that I could do this with a shared line, is there another way....

I was told that the shared line way would allow for the MWI to work as well.

By the way - Thanks for the quick response,

Heath

Hi Heath,

Just to add a note to the great tips from Michael (+5 points Michael).

Let's say your GDM (and current CTI_RP) are setup under DN 5555. You can take 5555 out as a CTI_RP and just install it as a new "Shared Line" on the required phones. When configuring one of the Shared Lines, check the Call Forward All to VM checkbox (to give 5555 the forward to UC treatment).

If you have any problem with the RED MWI Lamp. Let us know and I'm sure we can help you out :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

When I took the DN 5555 out of the CTI-RP it did not seem to want to forward to Unity. I am figuring that this is because there is no user associated with the DN in Unity.

I did get it to work using the CTI-RP methoed complete with the MWI - I created a system handler to take 5555 and forward it to a distribution list that has all the users that I need to access the GDM.

If you could explain the method of routing the call to Unity without the CTI-RP that would be helpful because even though I have it working it seems a little clunky....

Thanks for your help.

Heath

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Heath,

Great work my friend! This line

"When configuring one of the Shared Lines, check the Call Forward All to VM checkbox (to give 5555 the forward to UC treatment). "

is where the Forwarding to UC will take place. So, let's say that one of the "Shared Line" phones has Mac AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD when configuring 5555 on this phone (Mac  AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD) check the Forward All checkbox to Voicemail under the Directory Number Configuration.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Wow - it worked - so I can do it two different ways. Anyone have a preference?

In this method I have a second DN that I can place calls from - isn't that odd?

Thanks for all your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: