cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi guys, does any one known how many UC500 can be interconnected over a WAN link.

I'm considering to interconnect up to 15 UC500..

Any comment, document or experience will be appreciated.

All the best

David.

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is really no limit as long you can manage the dialplan ad DPs, then at a certain point a GK or SIP registrar becomes convenient.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series for Small Business

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7293/prod_qas0900aecd806a3cfa.html

Interoperability and Relationship to Other Cisco Platforms

Q. Can multiple systems be networked together?

A. Yes, 3 to 5 Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series systems can be configured to work together. If there is a requirement for additional site-to-site networking, it is recommended that you deploy the Integrated Services Router family for those scenarios.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks a lot guys, it means in a UC500 multisite enviroment I'm limited to interconnect only up to 5 UC500 even though if I use a gatekeeper.

Thanks for the info and best regards

David.

Hi, distributed multisite enviroment

Thanks

The above is purely a defensive marketing statement. The sentence "from 3 to 5 sites" is quite puzzling, what if I have 2 only ?

Be reassured, if you configure properly there is no hard limit to the number of sites you can interconnect.

Yep, thanks Paolo for the nice info, we are going to interconnect 12 sites over wan using h323.

I will confirm that the goal can be accomplished.

Thanks and have a nice day

David

I believe we've already had this conversation =), yeah it should be "up to 5 sites" but well...

Unfortunately even if not a technical limitation we're still subject to such statements in terms of support.

It's like the thread on UC500 as a GW, due to the product positioning it's not supported to be used as any regular GW even if technically there is nothing that could prevent this.

The same here, above 5 systems, support cannot be provided.

With this in mind if you still want to have 15 boxes connected you're free to do it, just remember you cannot call for support.

Technical services teams need to follow such guidelines on terms of support for a product.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java,

Let me be blunt this time on the matter of "no support when exceeding published system limits".

First of all do not assume that everyone that posts on these forums actually purchase cisco support. - so no calls from them.

Then, I agree that support cannot be given by you in the area of the limitation itself.

But, what if the problem is with something else, eg the recent bug by Nick about phone auto-answering a 2nd call ? A customer has always the option of presenting an isolated issue and TAC the duty of working on it.

In short, I think that your rightful statement cannot be taken the same as a "opening the box voids warrany".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: