Views
Helpful
Replies

radio0 and radio1 options on the menu are grayed out

stevenxu89
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco 1250 access points, When I open the web GUI to enable the radios, both radio0 and radio1 options on the menu are grayed out and it says that they are not installed. Does this mean the radios are dead? Or is there a way to "install the radios" .

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

how is AP powered?

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

how is AP powered?

The access point is powered through 1250 series power injector (AIR-PWRINJ4).

(is it just me, but NetPro posting page stopped working on Firefox/Chrome? And it's also flaky on IE. Did they just introduce the additional formatting options?)

I was thinking maybe not enough power to power up the radio, but usually it applies only to the second radio.

Since you have an injector, make sure you have this command (i assume you are running autonomous mode, not controller based):

"power inline negotiation injector installed"

Finally, to make sure you have the radios installed:

show controllers dot11Radio 0

show controllers dot11Radio 1

It should tell you the radio model installed

Oh...That's the Ethernet connector on the 1250 series power injector labeled To AP.

yes, that's fine, but you still need command "power inline negotiation injector installed" when using power injector

Thanks, You should be right.

The problem is that when I typied "power inline negotiation injector installed" in AP, it did't work and a message occured: A power-injector must be installed on port: WS-C3750-48TS (Gig1/0/17) (MAC x.x.x.x).

What does it mean? Does it mean I need to configure in the Switch?

Thank you again.

No, that's not an error message. That's what you are supposed to see.

Can you see the radios now?

Did you try "show controller d0" ?

tried but not appeared error.

And I could not see "power inline negotiation injector installed" when issued " show run"

ok, then you don't have the radio installed. Did you physically check your AP? power it off and open it up (no need for screwdriver) and check if it has radios installed on either side (A radio and G radio)

Solved, Thank you, somebody reassembled it and didn't installed tighted.

I am too new in Wireless, and thank you so much for you help.

great, I'm glad it helped

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: