Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP1231G - false Vendor Type and Model Name

Sven Hruza
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

we use a lot of accesspoints AIR-AP1231G-E-K9 and I want to generate an inventory report of theese devices.

OID: .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.525

But some of the devices are not shown valid (screenshot), others are right.

The IOS is the same on all devices.

The only difference is the Top Revision Number:

False devices: B0

Right devices: A0

Is there a issue with the device package? I installed the latest versions, but it doesn't work.

Thanks a lot!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The fix was to properly read correct values from the hardware based on the version, so it is entirely possible one board rev is fine while another is not.

It looks like the fix was also integrated into 12.3(8)JEC which you may be able to move to.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This looks like bug CSCsj13648. It is fixed in 12.4(10b)JA.

Thanks for your reply!

Is it right, that we have the problem with the IOS c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JA2 in context with the special Top Revision Number "B0"?

Because other accesspoints work fine with the same IOS.

Because an update is not possible I have to live with this fault....

For the completeness I attached the "show version" for a accesspoint with the right model name and one for the wrong model name.

The processor board revision number is different, too.

The fix was to properly read correct values from the hardware based on the version, so it is entirely possible one board rev is fine while another is not.

It looks like the fix was also integrated into 12.3(8)JEC which you may be able to move to.

I found a accesspoint to test the 12.3(8)JEC and it works!

Thanks for your response, Joe!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco