Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS Backups are failing

rnieuwhof
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CW LMS 3.1 on Windows.

My backups are failing due to a validation error on DFNINVDB. I have attached the section of the d:\cscopx\backup\BackupInfo.txt file. Any assistance appreciated!

Thanks,

Rob

<strong>Attachment Keywords : </strong>

1) CiscoWorks_Backup_Error.txt

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You need to use the NMSROOT/bin/restorebackup.pl command. For example, to restore generation 10:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/restorebackup.pl -d D:\backup -gen 10

View solution in original post

This log just confirms that CTMJrmServer is down. Where are you seeing the OutOfMemory errors?

That's a command argument, not an error. Post the CTMJrmServer.log, the output of pdreg -l CTMJrmServer, the jrm.log, and the output of pdshow.

Jrm is unable to properly authorize itself. your current system identity user is admin. If you are integrated with ACS, and admin is not a user configured in ACS with full access to all of the LMS devices, applications, and tasks, you will need to define such a user in ACS, then go to Common Services > Server > Security > System Identity Setup, and define that user in LMS.

Once the System Identity User is corrected, restart Daemon Manager, and LMS should be working for you.

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It appears your dfmInv database is corrupt. You will either need to restore from a known good backup, or reinitialize your DFM Inv database. to reinitialize the database, run:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmInv dmprefix=INV

How do I actually Restore from an iteration in my backup location?

You need to use the NMSROOT/bin/restorebackup.pl command. For example, to restore generation 10:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/restorebackup.pl -d D:\backup -gen 10

Won't that command restore ALL of my databases from that restore generation? Do I HAVE TO restore them all or can I just do the DFM DB? Am I missing something?

We did a restore as suggested. Still have one issue: The JRM Service will not start. I am seein HeaDumpOutofMemory erros and have attached my ISeververUI.log.

Rob

This log just confirms that CTMJrmServer is down. Where are you seeing the OutOfMemory errors?

I am seeing that error in Sysinternals Process Explorer....

Screenshot attached.....

That's a command argument, not an error. Post the CTMJrmServer.log, the output of pdreg -l CTMJrmServer, the jrm.log, and the output of pdshow.

Output from pdreg:

D:\>pdreg -l CTMJrmServer

Process = CTMJrmServer

Path = D:\CSCOpx\bin\cwjava.exe

Flags = -cw D:\CSCOpx -cw:jre lib/jre -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryE

rror -cp:p MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/classes,MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF

/lib/ctm.jar,MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/log4j.jar com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrm

wrapper.server.CTMJobManagerServer ATLAP05

Startup = Started automatically at boot.

Dependencies = jrm TomcatMonitor EssentialsDM

** NOTE **

Only the last pices of the jrm.log is attached due to the size of the log fine (160MB)

Rob

Jrm is unable to properly authorize itself. your current system identity user is admin. If you are integrated with ACS, and admin is not a user configured in ACS with full access to all of the LMS devices, applications, and tasks, you will need to define such a user in ACS, then go to Common Services > Server > Security > System Identity Setup, and define that user in LMS.

Once the System Identity User is corrected, restart Daemon Manager, and LMS should be working for you.

Your gentle prodding led me to that exact resolution. Thanks for your paitince and training!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: