cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 Baseline Template Deploy jobs hung

chris.mcgarrah
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a problem with deploy jobs run from the baseline template function. I have run compliance checks to several groups of switches. The checks accurately report some things out of compliance. When I try to run the deploy job to correct the items. The jobs stay in a pending state (or running state when viewed from the RME Job browser). Some of the commands have actually been executed on the device, but it seems random among commands and devices.

12 Replies 12

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the jobs you're referring to are in NetConfig, the perpetual running state points to LMS 3.1 hitting any combination of the three bugs (CSCsv95235 CSCsw39641 CSCsw88378) in this thread:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&topicID=.ee71a02&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cd25f87

If the jobs still hang after applying the composite patch, it's due to a Solaris 10 bug (or actually several of them) that has no fix, but there's a workaround that'd need to be re-applied from time to time.

This could be the issue, since we are using SSH. How do I get the consolidated patch? We are on Windwos, so it's not a Solaris 10 issue. Thanks.

You can request it through a TAC case, if the patch isn't already posted at the usual LMS/RME download area(s) on cisco.com. Just make sure it has the correct byte size and checksum noted in the aforementioned thread.

I have installed the patch and still have the problem. I will continue to work the case with TAC, but if you have any other ideas let me know. Thanks.

Well, now that I think about it, the Sol 10 bug(s) I was referring to is really a Java issue, which would make it platform-neutral. So try this:

- Locate the equivalent of NMSROOT/lib/jre/lib/security/java.security on Windows:

- Change the line where it says:

security.provider.1=sun.security.pkcs11.SunPKCS11

to

security.provider.1=sun.security.provider.Sun

So the file should end up looking like this:

security.provider.2=sun.security.provider.Sun

Now restart dmgtd.

The only entry in my file is:

I do not have an entry for:

security.provider.2=sun.security.provider.Sun

or one for:

security.provider.1=sun.security.pkcs11.SunPKCS11

should I add:

security.provider.2=sun.security.provider.Sun ? Thanks.

In that case, I wouldn't touch that file then.

Are you seeing other symptoms other than general job slowness (both NetConfig and ConfigSync, as noted in your other thread)? For example, my SyncArchive jobs were disappearing every so often, due to the aforementioned Java bug.

the patch you did get from TAC, which files did it contain and what is the MD5 checksum of each file ?

If it contains these two files, these checksums should be ok:

cmdsvc.jar 2b975bbd12faabae90d229e9a8a023c2

xdi.jar 326986eef9c9e46801a8623014ddd07e

if it does contain other files I am really interested in their names ....

I could not test them yet, but according to this thread they should be ok:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf;jsessionid=559782E832E957F07F5FCF947DF7BC7D.SJ2A?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&topicID=.ee71a02&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cd2...

I only received one file: xdi.zip which contained xdi.jar.

I did not get a cmdsvc.jar file. My understanding is that the correct xdi.jar file is a consolidated patch for the 3 bugs, so I don't know where cmdsvc.jar fits in the picture.

I only received one file: xdi.zip which contained xdi.jar.

I did not get a cmdsvc.jar file. My understanding is that the correct xdi.jar file is a consolidated patch for the 3 bugs, so I don't know where cmdsvc.jar fits in the picture.

cmdsvc.jar seems only to be of interest for bug CSCsx24218. I was just interested what TAC did send you. But xdi.jar is of interest for all the bugs. Now the MD5 checksum of your xdi.jar is of interest. I yet did get an outdated version of this file...

I think it's pretty clear, based on the three recent threads so far, that here're the latest patches:

2b975bbd12faabae90d229e9a8a023c2 cmdsvc.jar

326986eef9c9e46801a8623014ddd07e xdi.jar

I just opened a TAC case to get cmdsvc.jar, which I also reckon is probably solely for CSCsx24218.