Views
Helpful
Replies

VSAN inactive on FMS but not from CLI

pavanksharma
Level 1
Level 1

SANOS 3.2(3a) & FMS 3.2.(3a)

One of the VSAN is displayed as inactive on FMS under the fabric -> isl tab, but it is not exactly inactive.

From CLI "show vsan" show all vsans are active.

Logs do not give any indiaction of any burps for that vsan.

"show vsan internal event-history msgs/errors" do not show anything wrong with the vsan.

"show port-channel" also does not have any errors.

Any idea?

5 Replies 5

Michael Brown
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check the interfaces that comprise your ISLs. If the ISL is a PC, then check that interface. On the CLI use the command 'show interface fc x/y' or 'show interface port-channel x'. Verify that all VSANs in the allowed list are active, and none are isolated or initializing. Please check both ends of all ISL connections.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Hello Mikbrown,

As I mentioned in my earlier postings that from CLI all interfaces in the PC are up on both side of the switches. all VSAN are active and are in the allowed list in the PC.No VSAN is segmented.

I only get to see one VSAN being displayed as inactive from the FMS --> ISL tab.

I heard there was a bug in earlier versions of FMS.

"CSCsl46583

Symptom: When portchannels are up, Fabric Manager Client shows some portchannels as down. When highlighted, the portchannel tooltip shows "vsanInactive".

Workaround: This issue is resolved. "

Not sure under what circumstances this bug re-surfaced in FMS V3.2.(3a). Any clues?

Not sure about the bug resurfacing, but one thing that might cause this kind of condition is that the SNMP user password is not set the same on both MDS. Can you verify with Device Manager that you can connect to both MDS using the same user/pass.

If that fails to resolve the issue, you may want to open a Service Request with your MDS service provider to get it documented.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Pavan,

As the CLI is showing the correct status, clear the browser cache (CTRL+F5) and restart the FMS service..

Good Luck.

KK

I think I need to open a ticket.

User/password is not an issue on both sides of the fabric.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: