Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Voicemail Port Encryption

Damian Heavey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to upload the certificate created by Unity version 4.0.5 into CM version 6.1.3 but i cannot see in any document how this is done.

In CM OS Administration under security > certificate management > upload certificate I have the option to select the certificate name and the Root Certificate but the name option seems to be a drop down list of existing certificates. The certificate generated by Unity seems to be a file with a .0 file extension.

Can anybody let me know how to do this or point me towards the document that explains the CM part of this procedure step by step?

Thanks

Damian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM 5.x and later requires the cert to have a different extension.

See this link, specifically Step 17 for more information on this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cuintcucmskinny080.html#wp1176439

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM 5.x and later requires the cert to have a different extension.

See this link, specifically Step 17 for more information on this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cuintcucmskinny080.html#wp1176439

Thanks very much this is exactly the information i was looking for. I have followed it and it now works perfectly. I did have to reboot Unity rather than just restart the services though as the ports would not answer even though they were registered. I can see the padlock on the phone when dialling vm now and on the gateway i can do show mgcp srtp detail and see the incoming vm calls looking like they are encrytpted as well. Thanks

again for the quick response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: